WIT Voice Speaker Competition
Hold on to your hats because we have some exciting news - Let us introduce to you: WIT Voice! Women in Tech and Ensto are looking for a Voice to share the passion we have for the tech industry and towards making a real difference in this world.
Do you have a passion for tech and want to impact our future? Do you have a voice that needs to be heard and a goal to improve your speaking skills? If so, you could be the very first Women in Tech Voice!
This is your opportunity to share your passion for tech in front of hundreds of other tech-minded people. Take part in the speaker contest, and during this amazing journey you'll have a chance to learn to express your passion with the help of our magnificent MySpeaker coaches: Kamilla Sultanova, Nelli Såger and Aku Varamäki.
The finalists of WIT Voice will get to perform their speeches on Ensto stage at the Women in Tech Forum on October 11th, 2019 and the winner will share her/his thoughts on the main stage. As the grand price the winner will also be added to MySpeaker's list and get a mentoring session with the amazing power ladies of tech industry, Sari Baldauf and Marjo Miettinen. You don't want to miss this once in a lifetime chance!
The application will open on April 24th – be quick to apply, because only the first 50 applications are accepted!
How to attend
- Submit a 3-minute video with the opening line "I love tech because...". You may approach the topic in any way you want – be creative and aim to excite your "audience"! When the link is published on April 24th - click on the link to submit your video and contact details.
- The application form will close on May 17th. After this, the jury will choose the semi-finalists. The jury consists of the 3 coaches, the host of the competition André Noël Chaker, a representative from Ensto and a representative from Women in Tech.
- Contestants chosen to the 2nd round are contacted by June 14th and provided with further instructions. There are 18 spots in the semi-finals.
- Deadline for uploading the video for round 2 is July 5th.
- The 9 finalists are contacted by August 23rd.
- Finalists are published on September 2nd and coaching sessions begin.
- Finals at the Women in Tech Forum on October 11th, 2019
Make sure to attend WIT Voice! The winner will get to perform her/his speech on the main stage in the magnificent Finlandia hall and receive a spot on MySpeaker's list of speech talents! The winner will also get to attend a breakfast mentoring session with the amazing power ladies of tech industry, Sari Baldauf and Marjo Miettinen. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so join the contest!
Kamilla Sultanova is a TEDxspeaker and a passionate adviser on workforce diversity and youth engagement. She is also a chair at Global Dignity Girls & Boys RY, a non-profit which arranges speaker events targeting youth in Helsinki area with focus on dignity, compassion, representation and power to dream.
Nelli Såger owns a high-tech healthcare business and is an engineer and a sought-after speaker in Finland and abroad. She is the CEO and a founding partner of Fifth Corner Inc., a developer of research-based digital applications that help users build routines that support wellbeing and performance.
Aku Varamäki is a workday designer and a firm believer in the potential of future working life. Aku has worked with communications and social media strategy – a field, where the change in working life has been especially noticeable.